The historic Porter House built in 1792 with many renovations and additions.
266 Sango Drive
Clarksville, TN 37043
MLS Number 2285973
Type: Single Family
Year Built: 1792
Living Area 4639 Sq. ft.
Lot Size: 1.10 Acres
Click here for more pictures.
The Porter House. Originally built with logs in 1792, it has been renovated and expanded into a gorgeous historical landmark. Beautiful modern kitchen. Hardwood floors. 5 gas log fireplaces. 4 car garages. New metal roof. Updated electric. Plumbing in for another full bath upstairs. Carpet allowance for 2 rooms with sub-floor. Patio and covered porches.
MAIN FLOOR 2,752 SQ. FT.
- Foyer has Hardwood Floor, 9 Ft. Ceiling, Crown Molding, Chair Rail and Gun Closet under Stairs
- Dining Room (19x17) has New Hardwood Floor, Crown Molding and Fireplace with Gas Logs and Stone Hearth
- Living Room (19x17) has New Hardwood Floor, Fireplace with Gas Logs and Ceiling Fan
- Den (24x19) has New Hardwood Floor, Original Log Walls, Beamed Ceiling and Access Door with Stairs to Upstairs Bedroom
- Bonus Room (24x16) needs Carpet (Seller will give Allowance), Thru Wall Heat Pump, Finished Walls and Ceiling. Could be Exercise Room, Craft Room, Hobby Room or Class Room
- Large Half Bath has New Fixtures and Extra Space for Dressing Area
- Gathering Room (25x12) has Hardwood Floor, Long Brick Wall with Gas Fireplace, Log Mantle, Crown Molding and Wainscoating to Chair Rail
- Kitchen (27x12) has Hardwood Floor, Refrigerator, New Windows, New Granite Counter Tops, Smooth Top Range/Self Cleaning Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher (All New Stainless Steel), Pantry, Tile Backsplash and New 9 Ft. Work Island with Overhanging Breakfast Bar
- 2nd Half Bath has Hardwood Floor
- Sun Room (24x11) has Ceramic Tile Floor, Freestanding Fireplace with Gas Logs, Pantry, Replacement Windows and Door to Stone Patio
- Utility Room has Washer/Dryer Hook-up, Utility Sink and Extra Cabinets
SECOND FLOOR 1,887 SQ. FT.
- Hardwood Treads on Stairs
- Full Bath has Laminate Floor and Tub/Shower Combination
- 1st Bedroom (16x15) has Gas Fireplace, Antique Mantel, Walk-in Closet and 2nd Set of Stairs to Main Level Den. Room is ready for New Carpet.
- 2nd Bedroom (19x17) has Ceiling Fan, Hardwood Floor and Cedar Closet
- 3rd Bedroom (19x17) has Hardwood Floor, Ceiling Fan, Cedar Closet and Pull-down Stairs to Attic Storage
- Upper Landing Circles Stairs and has Hardwood Floor, Built-in Glass Front Cabinets and Door to Covered Upper Deck
- Upper Level Deck, sometimes called a Widows Walk, is Covered with Space for 2 or More Chairs
- Known as the Porter House, the house began as a log cabin in 1792. Over the past 2 centuries it has undergone many changes and additions. Contact agent for additional history.
- 1.1 Acre Lot
- 2 Car Attached Garage with Automatic Garage Door Opener
- Circle Paved Drive
- 2 Car Detached Garage with Storage Room and Old Barn
- Authentic Iron Fence along Front Border
- Stone Patio
- Storage Building
- 3 Stone Chimneys
- Hardwood throughout House except for Sun Room and 1 Bedroom
- Central Gas Heat and Central Air on Main/Heat Pump Upstairs
- Huge Pecan Trees, Some of the Largest in Montgomery County
- Huge Stone Bar-B-Que Pit
- New Metal Roof 2021
- Electric Boxes Updated to 400 Amp Circuit Breakers
- Septic Pumped in August 2021
- Extensive Renovation in Past 2 Years
- Plumbing already Stubbed for 2nd Upstairs Bath
- 5 Minutes to Exit 11 on I-24
- Zoned for Sango Elementary, Richview Middle and Clarksville High Schools
The accuracy of all information, regardless
of source, including but not limited
to square footages and lot sizes,
is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed
and should be independently verified
through personal inspection and/or
with the appropriate professionals.
The information at this site is
provided solely for informational
purposes and does not constitute
an offer to sell, rent, or advertise
real estate outside the state in
which the owner of the site is
licensed. The owner is not making
any warranties or representations
concerning any of these properties
including their availability. Information
at this site is deemed reliable
but not guaranteed and should be